Business & Employment Immigration

One of the key areas of our immigration practice’s focus is to help obtain temporary employment visas and permanent resident status (green card) for individuals, businesses, entrepreneurs, hospitals, colleges and universities, scientific research organizations and professional sports franchises that are interested.
Obtaining lawful permanent resident status in the United States is typically the primary goal of our clients who are already in the United States on a temporary visa or are planning to enter this country.
If this is your goal, then please contact the Law Office of Michelle Neal for your consultation and to learn how we can help you.


Employment-based immigrant visas are granted to individuals that have unique skills and wish to work in the United States or for US based businesses that use this unique tool for recruiting and retaining talented professionals or skilled employees. These visas are for:

  • Immigrants with extraordinary ability in business, art, science, or athletics
  • Managers and Executives of businesses
  • Outstanding professors or researchers
  • Immigrants with advanced degrees and performing work in the national interest
  • Immigrants with job offers and a Bachelor degree or higher, or work experience equaling a degree
  • Religious workers and ministers whose services are required by their non-profit religious organization
  • Immigrant investors with substantial funds invested in the United States

Some employment-based visa applications require you to go through a process called Program Electronic Review Management (PERM). This is a procedure by which the US Department of Labor certifies there is a lack of qualified US workers in your job category. Once the labor shortage is certified, you can apply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services for your immigrant visa. Working with US Citizenship and Immigration Services can be a difficult task and we can help you quickly navigate this detailed process.


If you wish to enter the United States for a temporary period of time, a non-immigrant visa permits you to travel to a US port of entry and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security to visit for a specific purpose.

The length of time someone can stay in the United States depends on the visa status under which the person is admitted (for example, H-1B specialty occupation). And a person admitted in one status can often change their status in order to stay longer or to perform different activities.

Quick Contact Form